Saturday, June 2, 2007

Goodbye Tomato



I had been wondering if the Tomato Cafe's big tomato sign would remain presiding over its corner after the restaurant moved on. Today I walked by and saw that the giant tomato had indeed come down. The building looks totally different without it. A banner informs that a new restaurant will soon try its luck there.
As you can see from the sidewalk art, the tomato will be missed.

The corner of 17th and Cambie looks quite different without the tomato sign:

Before:



After:


1 comment:

Mau said...

Hi Vanessa,

I actually did know about that, and am going to post about that (Olympic slant included). Thanks so much for your input. I haven't been able to get around to commenting/posting as much as I'd like because I have 2 other courses to complete this week... but you'll most definitely be hearing from me soon.

Thanks for commenting.

=)
-mau.